Jul 23, 2008

My life has become nothing but mundane



All words, no pictures of me, because my face has turned dull from all the mundane work daily. Wait for the glow to come back then I'll take pictures again.

Ahem! I know my blog becomes more unexciting and uninteresting, as I have turned to an ultra-boring person. Where has my sense of humour gone to??!! or shud i said that i'm nt humorous at all *Slapping myself* Ever since working in the new workplace, I realized that I like to use "It's a long story" as a reply to avoid talking too much, or perhaps to avoid revealing personal things about me. I have become as quiet and reserved from 9.00 am till 5.30 pm on Mon-Fri and from 9 am till 1 pm on Sat.

I seriously want to quit my boring, soul-destroying job. Boring work = shorter life span, does it mean that I'm going to die soon ?! Real soon ?!

*sigh* I think it was time to stop thinking about making a change and actually go about doing it. I knew I wanted to leave behind the corporate world and pursue something else, but I had no idea of what I really want.

I've once read an article ,if you find yourself dreading to work, it's time for you to quit. So once again I find myself paralyzed into inaction as a result of fear and indecision. I fear the proverbial devil I don't know more than the one I do. Although I don't know what I want to do with my life, I do know that if I continue my present path I'll end up like all the other office drones: a soulless, mindless automaton. I don't want that to happen to me.

But.. Am I being selfish? Am I being too picky? Am I being stubborn ?

It became clear that my work must have a purpose. It felt absurd, perhaps even sinful, to waste my time in pointless toil. But I don't want to sadden my family. I don't want to give up easily and dishearten my grandma n etc. I afraid that ONE DAY I'll regret to let go such a superior job.





I'm so clueless.

No comments: