Sep 7, 2008

Ranting, rantng and ranting (My Fulltime job)

RANT:

I went to bed superb early nowadays at 8p.m only to keep waking up. Don't you just hate it that happens? It can only mean one thing: feeling stress and tired all day long.

It's 7.00am and it's been a while since I last had to wake up this early... but that's what I've been doing everyday still. Maybe I'm still not used to jumping out of bed the moment my eyes open as I’m enjoy the tossing, stretching, turning and lingering in bed.

Something I noticed is that ever since I started working is... I never blog even close to as much as I used to, I never actually mentioned how much I love my work nor have I ever brought up how much work changed me.

To why I don't blog anymore is because I don't have the time nor do I have the strength. Besides that, it's not like much happens anymore. When I get home from work, I'm usually knackered and all I want to do is have my dinner, couch potato-ing and rest... my feet especially. It's not fun prancing around in 3 inches heels all day.
Someone once said, if you love your job, you’ll never have to work a day in your life.

***

“The Top Ten Things People Hate Most About Work” list that I found when I google “I Hate my JOB”.

1) Uniforms (checked)
2) Work suits (checked)
3) The hours (checked)
4) Traffic jam (checked)

10 MEETINGS

I hate having to attend unnecessary meetings - they are a waste of time and take up a lot of the day. I hate having to listen to the same spiel ten times with the same express of enthusiasm.

9 COMPLAINTS

Listening to clients complains is what I hate most about work. There are times when you’d like them to hear what you really think but you just have to let them have their say. I hate having to deal with rude people. There is nothing more annoying when you know you have to remain calm and be polite to an overbearing person because it’s your job. But once clients complain and yet your superior will come and continue blah-ing you, you will feel like slapping her left right and up down.

8 WORKSTATION

No workstation, this causes my work momentum goes down.

7 WORK COLLEAGUES

What annoys me more than anything else is when lazy colleagues who don’t pull their weight are so annoying. I hate having to do other people’s work.

6 Last minute task

The biggest one for me is last minute task that come in at 5.00 or 5.15pm as I’m preparing to get my ass home sweet home. And for some reason I am always the one who gets landed with them. Over-time, especially the last minute type on a everyday evening while I get to finish my job on time but still will get bombarded with other ppl’s job.

5 Work on every Sat

I don’t mind so much getting up in the morning as you get used to the routine but I need to work on Sat which is the day I need to help “the tt girl of the left-over shit.
4 Not up-to-date systems

Computers were intended to make your life easier. But sometimes that all-important file wasn’t backed up or you have to contend with all those not up-to-date database which causes you to get FUCK by the clients. *DENG* and yet being blame for those entire mistake *Damn FUCK lorh!!!!*

Very old computers or computers that aren’t user friendly.

3 Communication breakdowns

They don’t give clear instructions, lay out clear goals nor give employees the satisfaction of being responsible for a project’s results.
The lack of communication between bosses and staff.

2 THE OFFICE BULLY, and that’s not necessarily the Boss…

So what do I hate most about work? I don’t mind the normal things like getting up early etc. What I hate above anything else is office politics and office bullies. It's an absolute killer for employees and can result in someone having to leave their job. What I hate most about work is when roles are undefined and it’s therefore unclear who is in authority or whose work should be given priority. I have two seniors and when I get different orders from each, it is sometimes difficult to know which job to do first.Work going uncredited or when you don’t get that personal recognition from a job well done.

I'm sure they're not all bad, but they are awful.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING PEOPLE HATE MOST ABOUT WORK IS

1 WORKING NINE TO FIVE

I hate having to get up in the morning - I think we should be allowed start when ever we want! My brain doesn't start to function until about 12:30. Flexi-time should definitely be an option.
Early morning starts, especially on Monday morning.

There should be more flexible hours, I hate office hours and having to adhere to the nine to five schedule. There should be more flexible time parameters, especially when everyday I need to stay back for the de-brief sessions.

- The End -

No comments: